Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week Two Day Thirteen


Hope looking at the red starfish


John and Hope in a cave



Federation square


Flinders Street Station

Goodbye dear friends.... we will miss you!!!

On the way to Melbourne, it wasn't a long drive just over an hour, and of course guess who wanted the toilet again. I have not mentioned this so far in the blogs, but miss madam mentions some time during the journey and normally when we are no where near civilisation "I need a wee wee". But do you think she will go on the side of the road, oh no its let see how much pressure I can put Mummy and Daddy under to find a toilet.

Anyway we made it into Melbourne without an accident (you know what I mean). We where planning on staying the night in a hotel, but after parking and walking down to Flinders street and Federation Square and some of the sights around there, we just wanted to hightail it out of there.

Don't get me wrong Melbourne is lovely and we would like to stay and explore, we had a wonderful lunch down a little lane and loved what we saw. We also loved Flinders street station, it reminded me a lot of Durbans old station. However we wanted space away from traffic, and people. With the Great Ocean Road not that far away we headed for Torquay.

We have booked into a caravan park right on Torquays main surfing beach. We took a walk down and Wow!!. It is great, there were a lot of people on surf boards and on surf boats. We took a walk around the headland, as it was low tide. There where loads of caves carved out of the rock, little rock pools to splash through and much to Hope's delight a bright red starfish.

Early night tonight and then tomorrow we do the drive......

Hope's Blog.......... I did a lot of walking today and I did enjoy it, but I liked the beach the best. It was fun walking in the water, and because I had long pants on I had to take them off. Hee Hee. I loved the red starfish, it was beautiful, and Mummy showed me the baby mussels, they where so cute....

No comments:

Post a Comment