Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week Three Day Nineteen


Looking back at the campsite from Streaky Bay at low tide.


Sunset at Streaky Bay


Our campsite at Streaky Bay... What a view.


The Big Gala at Kimba.

An early start was had and it was great driving through places like "Iron Nob" and other small places. We had to stop for coffee though at a place called Kimba. Slightly bigger than most of the places we had driven through. We had a lovely coffee and something to eat in the local cafe. We then headed for the "Big Gala" on the outskirts of town. Another big thing you are asking yourself, but we just cannot help it. It is so much fun looking at them.....

We changed our mind once again and we have ended up in Streaky Bay. What a campsite, what a view. We are staying two nights so we can use tomorrow to explore. We are looking at the bay from our tent. It is not more than 50 feet from our tent. It is just spectacular. Anyway you can judge for yourself, when you view the photo.

Of course after setting up we headed to the jetty to fish. We bought squid and tried our luck. We got a few nibbles but nothing more than that. There where plenty of jelly fish in the water and loads of small fish. Good enough for birds but alas, not for us.

At low tide we went for a walk where the water had receded, looking for shells and what ever else we could find. It has been a really great day, and we are looking forward to tomorrow.

Hope's Blog..... I went fishing with my dad and mum at Streaky Bay. I said I didn't want to get my hands all icky today, but I ended up touching small squid bait. It was awesome, but it smelt. When I was fishing I didn't use the fishing rod the whole time, I also used a hand line. I got a few nibbles but a naughty bird tried to get the bait off the hand line. Eventually he let go and I quickly pulled my line in. But I noticed that when I put my knees on the wooden jetty I saw splinters in my knees. Never mind we had fun.

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely journey you are all having,beautiful scenery,lots of relaxation and many happy,lifetime memories-there cant be anyone rea ding this who is not very jealous.We have yet more snow and rain and temperatures below freezing-Lots of love to you all xxxxx
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting for a picture of the "one that got away"!!! Streaky Bay sounds like a wonderful place. Will look on Google Earth. We are having wonderful rains and Amanzimtoti has cooled down.
    Taking some friends to the Galleria for breakfast tomorrow before we leave to go up to Sasolburg and then embark on our Aussie trip. Love and kisses to all of you xxxx Mama and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hope, I miss you very much. And I am hoping that you can come and visit me or I could visit you. When you're in England I might write a letter to you. Claudia's blog: Grade 4 is really easy and I wish you were in my class. Today we made some moons out of newspaper and we're going to paint them black or grey. At OSHClub we made some cookies and I made a big one for me and my dad. I gess you had fun, and I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete