Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week Four Day Twenty Eight


A view from the Champion Bay B&B


Boo Hoo our poor car.

Well we set off this morning early as we were headed for Monkey Mia, over 400km's away. Folks we drove only 34km's. Why you wander was there that many amazing sights to see, that you kept on stopping. NO!!!!!

After 34km's our car gave a cough and then died, right there on the Brand Highway. We managed to get it to the side, luckily we were about 200 metres from the Greenough Pioneer Museum and a small cul de sac of homes, including a B&B.

Again we found that Vodafone has no coverage, which means no phone service. Mmmmmmmm time I changed server.

So Hope and I tootled off to the B&B, "The Rock of Ages Cottage". The lady was lovely and let me use her phone to phone RACQ. We were promised a breakdown van within the hour. Anyway he arrived and told us there was nothing he could do, so he called a tow. Now the good news was that we were only 30km's away from Geraldton, and not somewhere in the Nullabor.

John and Hope went off looking for some shade, while I waited by the car. What seemed like forever, probably only 30 mins, the tow arrived. I had to laugh later though, because John said that he was getting antsy about how long the tow was taking, when a road train drove passed with "Patience" written all over it. Anyway the car and us made it to Geraldton, although not in the fashion we envisaged.

Typical the dealer had three mechanics down, it is coming up to a long weekend and by 4.00 this afternoon still no news. Mmmmmmmm, some whisky I think tonight. However we are in a lovely B&B overlooking Geraldton. It is called "Champion Bay Bed & Breakfast."

Let us see what tomorrow brings. By the way today was reaching 40 Degrees and tomorrow it is 40 degrees. So the heat we know will continue.

Hope's Blog........ Well today I did a lot of things I have not done before. I walked on the freeway, our car broke down, I got a lift in a van with our car on the back., and I got bored (that is not the first time for that). Anyway I did get a Wendy's ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Hope, I miss you. Claudia's Blog: Today at OSHClub we had the most scrumptious afternoon tea ever!! It was wraps and chocolate rice bubble cake. Everyone liked it too. A few days ago I gave an apple to Mr Hampshire, he liked it very much. Today we played tennis. And in class we played cricket for sports. I did not like sports. So Kaitlin and I went in the girls toilet like we used to do, but Mr Hampsire wasn't here today. Love, Claudia (and Miss Sarah) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hope this is a test post. Claudia is learning how to post a comment to you! BYE HOPE! (that was Claudia speaking).

    ReplyDelete